Certified Authorization Professional CAP/RMF
Earning the CAP/RMF certification is a proven way to build your career and demonstrate your expertise within various risk management frameworks.
ALL OUR INSTRUCTOR-LED COURSES CATER TO IN-PERSON AND ONLINE/REMOTE STUDENTS.
The Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) credential is appropriate for commercial markets, civilian and local governments, and the US Federal Governement. In this course, you will gain a thorough understanding of the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Security Categorization & Security Control Selection for National Security Systems (NSS). You will learn how to apply cost-effective and appropriate security controls based on risk and best practices. This highly interactive course provides actual examples of the key documents required to complete the RMF processes.
- Understanding of security laws, regulations, and policies
- Understanding of the 6 steps of Risk Management Framework:
- Categorizing Systems
- Selecting Controls
- Implementing Controls
- Assessing Controls
- Authorizing Controls
- Monitoring Controls
- Understanding of the 7 domains of CAP:
- Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Categorization of Information Systems
- Selection of Security Controls
- Security Control Implementation
- Security Control Assessment
- Information System Authorization
Possible Job Roles
- Cybersecurity Engineer
- Information Assurance Manager
- Information Security Manager
- Information Security Analyst
Prerequisites & Work Experience
CompTIA Security+ (Optional)
The exam is three hours and contains 125 questions. A score of 700
out of 1000 possible points is required to pass.